Saturday, February 5, 2011

A LITTLE MORE AND A LITTLE LESS

Well I was planning for a happy and cheery blog about how i went to my old school today, the great memories and everything around..but something happened between now and then and now I am panic stricken, because a few moments ago I split my cousin's card reader into two. So right now my prospects appear grim. Called him a few minutes ago and I am bummed. Just when You think the day could not go any better, an accident or an action changes our mind set. So that is one reason to wrap out hearts around every small source of joy through out the day because we never really are in control of all the elements are we? Somehow today's incident somehow takes me back to Paulo Coelho's novel "The Winner Stands Alone". i will not go into the details of the book but it merely emphasised the interconnection of different things forming a complicated maze in which we live in, disturbing one element causes alterations in the maze and catastrophe happens. In his story its about the murders committed by the character Igor Malev. He travels to the Cannes International film Festival to get back with his estranged ex-wife. There amid the glit, glamour and the excess of the new superclass he launches a 24 hour campaign of extraordinary violence. In the end he manages to kill an innocent young woman selling homemade jewelery, an important distributor, a talented director, a fashion designer and finally his ex wife Ewa. With all the murders he commits he also wrought hell on the lives associated with the people he murders. Thus in the end leaving distress. I don't mean to relate breaking a card reader to committing a heinous crime like murder, but just the interconnection of all life's elements and a good day turning into a bad nightmare are not left to astronomical odds but ourselves. I managed to convert my cousin's trust to distrust and it was my fault. Hopefully the guilt will subside but maybe its just better if it remains, I think that way I will handle things properly in future. I never meant to come off on the philosophical from or straying near the rotating wheel of karma but here I am bummed, unforgiven and wiser(questionably). All I would like to say now is that not all endings are meant to be happy because if they were, happiness will no longer have its meaning.

No comments: