Saturday, May 18, 2013

THREE YEARS WORTH OF RAIN AND TEA BREAKS


I hate having to start a post with a ,"its been a long while...", but it has been a really long while since I last made a post. So you may take it for granted that this "comeback post" is going to be much more scattered and unorganized. But then again my blog is called Random Life so deal with it. This post is mostly going to be dipped it nostalgia and coated with some memories. At the end of 3 years of college its the time to say goodbye. In my case I said my fair share of goodbyes over the course of 4 official and 2 unofficial farewell meetings. For the official ones we dressed up and later drenched out our make up in tears.In the unofficial ones strangely we were all smiles. But the worst of it came when all my friends had left and I was supposed to stay for 2 more days in an empty hostel room. To be fair my roommate had left quite a while ago but once you see your friends pack up their hold-all(s) and drag and stuff their airbags into the cars the real possibility of farewell presents itself. Its not really the sadness of departure alone, but its the possibility that the people who were once the closet to you make regress to become strangers over time. You may feel free and chuckle that its never going to happen to you and your friends but only time will tell. To be honest I hadn't cried the entire time I saw my friends off but once I had packed away my luggage and vacated my hostel room, I let out that solitary tear (it was followed by a couple others) and as I let it dry on my cheeks I thought to myself,"I and going to miss these idiots, I am going to miss the family I had in Shillong and I am going to miss being a TERRESTRIAL LUNATIC just as bad as I am going to miss being a part of the Biotechnology department, batch of 2010-13. Even if I had to repeat the year, its never going to be the same. There I said it, I LOVE YOU ALL AND I WILL MISS ALL OF YOU. Here are some snippets of the past couple (+1) years.

No comments: