Monday, January 2, 2012

RAIN ON ME



Its the 2nd of January 2011 and the first rain of the year today.I find rainy mornings especially beautiful although i can't say much about this one today (woke up at 9:00 a.m so missed the morning), but whatever remained for my eyes looked wonderful. Rains have different meaning for different people ranging from a way of regeneration till mass destruction. For me rains feature in my one of my favorite escapist fantasies: nestling a hot cup of tea in my hands while watching the drops tricking past. Since its a new year and i am high on optimism (way worse that crystal meth or LSD)I decided to click away.

I have come to observe that people who have grown up on flood plains have a bitter sweet relationship with rain (A NO BRAINIER). For us its the rains that nourish and rains again that destroy. Coming to think of it, rains are like mother nature's version of a seductress with an ulterior motive. Rain may make you smile but if it gets too close it will make you shed tears of blood.

Despite the doom and gloom rains are lovely.

No comments: